Welcome to my Lenten blog! I've wanted to start doing some spiritual writing, and our church encourages us to take on a discipline during Lent instead of, or in addition to, giving something up, so I decided that this season of Lent would be the perfect time to begin. I'll try to post something every day during Lent. It could be related to one of the Lenten devotionals I'm going to be reading, another book I've been reading, or something I've been thinking about or heard in church. For reference, these are the two books I'll be reading a section from every day during Lent, and therefore probably the books I'll be the most likely to reference in my posts.
Signs of Life: 40 Catholic Customs and Their Biblical Roots, by Scott Hahn (no, I'm not Catholic, but many of our Anglican customs are the same and I've been interested in learning more about Catholic customs for a long time)
Draw the Circle, by Mark Batterson (our church is going to be reading this book together during the season of Lent)
Very interested in the other book you are going to read! Let me know what you think if you recommend it.
ReplyDelete